image by Greatist
- Peanut butter is packed with nutrients.
- It has an incredibly long shelf life, even when opened.
- Peanut butter is a great addition to any bug out bag or emergency kit.
- Peanut butter is a necessary ingredient in many recipes, both sweet and savory.
- It is a high calorie food, providing plenty of energy.
- It’s one of those stick-to-your-ribs foods.
- Peanut butter is an ideal spread for sandwiches and can be combined with jelly, jam, bananas, apples, and anything else that sounds good!
- It can be mixed in with oatmeal, with a bit of honey, for an extra nutritious breakfast.
- Peanut butter is high in plant protein.
- It comes in crunchy, super crunchy and other varieties, so everyone in the family gets their favorite version.
- All you really need to enjoy peanut butter is a spoon.
- It comes in package sizes ranging from individual packets to family-sized buckets. Each has its place in your food storage pantry.
- Peanut butter is rich in folate, which is a necessary nutrient for pregnant women.
- “All Natural” peanut butter is available and doesn’t contain trans fat.
- Spread a bit on a pine cone, and you can feed hungry birds during the winter.
- Powdered peanut butter is a good option if you want to avoid the oils in peanut butter but want the flavor for recipes.
Resources for recipes and more info:
Start now to make sure you are staying prepared.