Because hot cocoa is synonymous with cold weather, I often make up large batches of cocoa mix for the family to enjoy. It is a great way to warm up and make that harsh weather a little more bearable (It is also a great way to use up my powdered dry milk that I have in the pantry). For the coffee lovers, add some instant coffee granules to add a little more punch to this tasty concoction.
If you’re looking for a low cost gift to give your child’s teachers this year, make up a batch of this cocoa mix and add it to a decorated mason jar and viola! The teachers will love this gift that keeps on giving!
Hot Cocoa Mix
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup dry milk powder
- 1 cup powdered non-dairy creamer
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup instant coffee granules, optional
- broken peppermint pieces, sprinkles, mini chocolate chips or mini marshmallows
Makes 4 cups
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, milk powder, creamer, cocoa and instant coffee. Mix together until well blended. Store in a sealed container.
- To serve, Heat a cup of water per serving (or milk, for a creamier taste.) Stir in 2 to 3 heaping teaspoons of cocoa mixture.