HF 3022 could make California seem “gun-friendly.”
If you live in Minnesota, be afraid. Be very afraid. Then get busy.
A nasty piece of gun control legislation called HF 3022 has been introduced, and it is hell on gun rights. Not only does it restrict just about everything related to firearms, it also makes gun owners’ information public, as in how many guns you own and of what type, and your home address.
For everyone in MN.
Here it comes
HF 3022 is now in the Legislature
– Permit required to own a gun
– Permit required to buy a gun
– Permit required to sell a gun
– Local law enforcement gets to deny all types of gun permits
– Local law enforcement gets to deny permits to carry
– Personal medical information must be shared with law enforcement
– All firearm transfers must be reported
– All guns must be registered (fees set by local law enforcement)
– Registration must be renewed annually
– Local law enforcement may conduct warrantless “safety inspections” of gun owner’s homes
– Local law enforcement sets “safe storage” policies
– Five day waiting period for all transfers
– Transfers must be done through an FFL (even between private parties)
– Fees may be charged for transfers
– Local law enforcement may conduct background investigation on transfers
– Total ban on any gun which meets broad “assault weapon” definition – banned gunsmust be destroyed or surrendered
– Ban thumbhole stocks
– Ban adjustable stocks
– Ban pistol grip stocks
– Limit fixed magazine capacity to 7 rounds
– Ban any magazine capable of holding more than 7 rounds
– Suspension of gun rights based on complaints from anonymous parties
– Recriminalization of suppressors
– Bump stock ban
– All ammunition sales will be registered
– Permit required to purchase ammunition
Almost forgot an important thing —
HF 3022 would also make gun owner private data public. This would include:
Number and type of guns you own
Anyone think that’s okay?
If you haven’t joined the Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus, please do.
If this becomes law, folks in California can at least bask in the knowledge that they’re no longer living in the most anti-gun state in the USA.
You can read the entire text of HF 3022 here.
It seems unlikely that it will pass, especially as is, but it is still a huge threat — and a clear example of anti-gunners’ end goal: The destruction of civilian gun ownership in the USA. One big hurdle is that it violates HIPPA privacy laws by requiring citizens to give their medical information to law enforcement entities before they can purchase a gun. It also opens the door (pun intended) to warrantless searches of citizens’ homes.
It also bans “assault weapons” and requires owners to surrender or destroy them without compensation.
MN residents need to mobilize and fight this at all costs. Check out the Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus here.
Start now to make sure you are staying prepared.